Click the links below for information on where to buy I buy my supplies...
Beeswax-Helps to solidify the lip balm and gives it staying power.
Essential oils-To provide flavor, scent, and therapeutic properties. (look below for a few ideas)
Vitamin E-Acts as a preservative and also helps nourish lips.
Lip balm containers-a variety of tubes or tins can be purchased online or repurpose your own!
Basic Lip Balm Recipe
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon beeswax pellets
6 drops essential oils
1 capsule vitamin E
- Gently melt the coconut oil and beeswax. Tip: I use a double boiler-like method by melting the coconut oil and beeswax in a glass measuring cup, placed inside a shallow pan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and add the essential oils and vitamin E (optional).
- Carefully pour the mixture into clean and sterilized lip balm containers.
- Cover and cool completely.
- Citrus Blend: Lemon, Orange, Lime & Grapefruit
- Grapefruit & Spearmint
- Lemon & Lavender
- Lemon & Lime
- Lime & Peppermint (mojito!)
- Mandarin & Peppermint
- Peppermint & Spearmint
- Sweet Orange & Cinnamon Leaf