Nowadays I prefer lighter scents and more natural ones of course!
When I first got into essential oils I wanted to find a way to make my own perfume or body sprays with them. I tried making roller bottles at first but didn’t like the greasiness and didn’t think the fragrance lasted that long. Then I tried making spritzers but I was always worried about the oils dispersing properly and the short shelf life. Then I discovered solid perfume and found a winner! It goes on lightly and the fragrance seems to stay throughout the day. I love it!
My solid perfume recipe is super simple to make, very similar to my basic lip balm recipe from a few weeks ago. It breaks down into a carrier oil base, beeswax, and your essential oils of choice. From the moment I first sniffed Edens Garden’s Sunshine Spice synergy I knew it was “my scent” and made a dozen or so solid perfume sticks with it right away-this is the essential oil I will be using for our recipe today.
DIY Solid Perfume Recipe
¼ cup jojoba oil
1 tablespoon beeswax
24 drops essential oil
- In a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water, gently melt jojoba oil and beeswax until combined.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool just slightly.
- Add the essential oils and stir with a glass rod to distribute.
- Transfer to containers of choice and allow to cool completely.
- To use, apply to wrists, neck, or behind ears as desired.