Essential oils are delicate after all, so care should be taken to protect their quality. Exposure to elements such as light, heat, and oxygen can reduce the quality of the essential oil and affect their therapeutic value. Additionally, contamination from outside matter can alter or spoil the essential oil as well rendering it useless.
Fortunately these things can all be prevented! Read on to see how…
Essential Oil Storage Tips
- Keep essential oils and blends in glass bottles or rollers.
- Choose ones that are amber or colored glass (green, blue, purple, etc.).
- Keep them sealed tightly.
- Store essential oils in a cool, dark spot.
- Repurposed medicine cabinets, makeup bags, and tackle boxes work great!
- Store out of reach of children and pets.
- Clearly label all essential oils and blends with contents, warnings if applicable, intended use, and date.
- Reduce exposure to oxygen by transferring half-empty essential oils to smaller (sanitized) glass bottles continually as they are being used up.