* Need some ideas? I share a new diffuser blend every Monday on Facebook and Instagram!
Just a couple quick notes...
- Most of my diffuser blends contain 4-5 drops of essential oil(s), which is what I based the following calculations on. Keep in mind that other diffuser blends you find may contain more or less than this and following this equation may throw off your overall quantity (i.e. giving you more than your bottle can hold).
- A 5 ml glass bottle will hold anywhere from 100-150 drops, depending on the oil’s viscosity. On average, I typically count 1ml as equaling 25 drops. So as you can tell, counting by drops is more of an estimated method. If you have a small graduated cylinder and can measure by milliliters, even better!
Alright, let's make our stock blend!
- The “forest fresh” diffuser blend we are using here contains 5 drops of essential oil. So we can simply multiply each amount by 25 to calculate for a 125 drop (5 ml) stock blend. See example below!
- Always use an empty, cleaned, and sanitized glass bottle!
- Drop each essential oil into the opening, or into a graduated cylinder if measuring by milliliters.
- Once finished, secure the cap on the bottle and give it a good shake to combine your essential oils.
- Don’t forget to label your blend!
- Now it is ready to use. Next time you want to diffuse this blend, simply add 5 drops from the stock blend bottle instead of reaching for each individual oil!